If you are going to be writing help documentation, having some good tools will help make the process a bit easier. Here is a list of tools that I have used or would like to try.
Writing Help Documents
- Screensteps or Clarify-it
- (they are from the same company, and I really can’t see what the difference is, however Clarify-it comes with a skitch-like tool for sharing screen shots).
- Really helps you to think about the problem in a step by step way.
- Desktop and Network versions are Cheap. Just get it!
- Inbuilt screen shot and markup tools.
- There is an online version (Screensteps Live) to host your help pages, but it is expensive. Just export the HTML to your preferred help system.