Some of the previous roles I have had are listed below. With over 30 years’ working experience, it can become quite irrelevant to list all positions I’ve ever had in my resume or LinkedIn profile, so, I’ve listed them here for reference.
April 2010 – July 2011 (1 year 4 months)
Product Manager (part time) for a Ruby on Rails Software as a Service App. Tickit is a Risk and Compliance management application that also handles Incident Management and Audits.
As the Product Manager I was responsible for all aspects of the Product except for the Sales / Marketing and Development. My role included:
• Design and specification of new features and new modules
• Release planning and management of the JIRA ticketing system
• Full documentation of the help system and training manuals
• Online and phone Support
• Project management of other projects for the organisation
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; Civil Engineering industry
December 2009 – February 2010
Helping people in PB Australia-Pacific to get the most out of their SharePoint Intranet.
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Information Technology and Services industry
February 2009 – April 2009
SharePoint Consultant helping clients to build great SharePoint sites.
April 2008 – August 2008
• Responsible for the development pathway and client interaction for the Contracts Administration module of the ProjectCentre.net platform
• Pre-sales technical presentations (in conjunction with the business development manager) to clients around Australia to help them understand the benefits and features of the CA Module
• Implementation support and training for clients using the CA Module
• Translated client requirements into development goals and worked closely with the development team to prioritise and test all development on the CA module
• Thoroughly tested the whole CA module and ensured that it worked to both industry and technical standards
• Liaised with Clients to understand their business needs and train them on how best to utilise the features and benefits of the CA module to gain more control and transparency with their contract negotiations
• Documented the CA module’s features, benefits and how it worked into the corporate Confluence Wiki
February 2008 – April 2008 (3 months)
• Consultant for Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) ERP System
• Understanding client requirements and writing specification and proposals for development of upgrades and add-ins to the NAV product
• Liaising between the client and the development team and project managers to deliver a full working solution to the client
• Project-managed a development team to build an add-on module for NAV. Undertook the whole project from sourcing, requests for tender, interviewing, engaging and working with the development team
• Wrote the specification for a full NAV add-on including researching requirements, understanding technical details of the requirements, working with developers to understand the requirements
Reed Constructions Australia Pty Ltd
October 2005 – October 2007
• Business Analyst for a mid-tier construction company specialising in improving systems, procedures, and therefore profitability for the company
• Utilising my combination of construction and IT skills to improve systems and procedures in the construction division of a large construction company
• Analysis of profitability for projects and preparing KPIs for management
• Designing and developing the corporate database to track all project, staff and corporate information
• Design and implantation of the SharePoint Intranet application including using SharePoint for tracking project data
• Creation of standard company forms and documents including complex Word and Excel VBA coding
• Liaising with the project teams to understand their system requirements and train the teams on new system implementations
January 2003 – September 2005
• Responsible for all facets of estimating, purchasing, ordering and administration for interior fitout projects up to $2M value
• Liaising with clients to understand their requirements for inclusions and specification of the project, and keep the project within their budget
• Expertise with the requirements that organisations need for their comms rooms and IT infrastructure requirements
• A good knack for thinking outside the square and finding innovative ways to achieve the designer look for a budget, especially with furniture and finishes
• Responsible for the IT requirements of a small organisation (12 people) and liaising with external technology providers
• Upgraded key estimating and purchasing systems utilising Excel to dramatically improve efficiency, reduce errors and increase profitability
April 1999 – September 2002
• Key member of the team that developed the web-based estimating, procurement and building management system, used now by both Australian and US home builders
• Responsibility for analysing the requirements of the home building team and developing the specification for the SQL server back end and web-based user interface
• Responsibility for integrating the system into the home building business including data importation and manipulation, training staff members in the use of the system and formalising procedures and documentation
• Key member of a 4-person team designing, estimating and building large prestigious homes for clients – fully utilising the system designed and developed for this purpose. Role included procurement, liaising with suppliers and contractors, all building administration functions and estimating and cost control.
J-Corp Pty Ltd
1986 – 1999
• Re-designed part of the company’s construction management system using an Oracle database. I incorporated estimating, specification control, contract documentation, procurement, purchase orders and invoicing, job tracking and cost control, and was responsible for specifying user and business requirements and translating these into functional IT specifications to facilitate the system’s development.
• Undertook training staff in the regional WA offices on the use of new systems and procedures
• Coordinated and controlled the specification and pricing of over 450 standard house types
• Produced all the standard documentation, forms, and reference documents used by the firm’s marketing function
• Provided construction profitability KPIs to the management team.
• Liaised between the construction department and the computer department, translating computer terminology into construction terms and the construction department’s requirements into IT terms