- My HTC Desire Android Phone is definitely No. 1. After using 6 phones last year, this one is great.
- My Kindle (2nd Generation). This was a 2009 Xmas present, but I have used it extensively during the year and it has helped recover my love of books. I have read so much more.
- My Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 tablet laptop. I got this in January and I have used it almost every day as my main work PC – I love it, even though I don’t use the tablet much at all. It also has inbuilt 3G which I use quite a bit.
- My TiVo (This is a 2009 purchase but it is one of my top used gadgets for the year). I’ve also convinced a number of people to get one this year.
- Telstra T-Box – I don’t have Bigpond, so I don’t have one, but I love this device, and will strongly recommend it to anyone who does have Bigpond.
- My Xbox 360. Yes, I know I’m very late to the party with this one, and I don’t do games, but as a Media Extender for Windows 7 it works well (yes the TiVo is a Media Extender of sorts, but it is not so easy to use. This was a gift from Microsoft and Telstra from the #TelstraWP7 Social Review program, so it was a nice surprise addition to the gadget list for the year.
- My iPod Touch 32GB – after giving up the iPhone, having an iPod touch allows me to keep most of my apps, and I like having my music separate to my phone.
- My Sennheiser Ear Buds (currently lost). I used these a lot during my travels to and from Canberra. Now that I’ve lost them, I know how much I miss them. Must get a new pair.
- My Telstra MiFi device. This is a neat little device and it helped me get connection when Vodafone was having issues. (I’ve now swapped from Voda to Telstra).
- My Microsoft Arc Mouse – such a lovely little mouse to travel with.
Considering I travel with 6 of these gadgets (guess which 6), it is great to have some cool tech that is small and reliable.
Honourable Mentions (some of these may become 2011 gadgets):
- Boxee Box – Would love to try one at least.
- My Logitech Sqeezebox – love this! Stream music to the device from my PC over wireless and so cheap!
- iPad – I don’t think I would buy one, (maybe when 2nd generation comes out), but if I had one I would use it.
- My Canon MX860 Printer – now I know it’s a bit uncool to say that a printer is a cool gadget – but it has been the best printer I’ve ever had and it has not let me down once!
- FitBit – not available in Australia, but hopefully coming soon – I would love to try it.
- Samsung Series 9 LED TV – firstly I would need a new house to fit a 55″ TV, but I would love it just for the remote!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab – meh – I expected so much more
- Windows Phone 7 – not quite ready for prime time
- Billion 7401VGP R3 Router – too complicated and keeps dropping WiFi connections
I can’t wait to see what new Gadgets 2011 will bring!