If you know me, you know that I love my gadgets… but can there ever be too many new gadgets? I think I may have surpassed even my quest for new gadgets over this Christmas / New Year period. This is just a quick list of the new (or new to me) gadgets that I have been playing with / setting up over the last few weeks and next few weeks.
It did not really occur to me that I had a gadget problem until the gadget to end all gadgets came to me on New Year’s Eve. A wonderful and completely unexpected gift of a Kindle from two very beautiful friends. I was floored and so touched that all I could do was cry (yep, still teary now whilst writing this). All I can say is WOW! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
So here is the list…
- Dell Laptop – about 5 years old, and only 1GB of RAM, so it probably won’t last long… but lots of setup needed on it
- Nokia E51 – a decent business phone. The data doesn’t yet work and I haven’t synced it so still lots more setup to do
- Next week it will be setting up the new desk with extra monitor, docking station etc etc
Gadgets for Family (At least these were just set up and go, no further maintaining required)
- New TiVo
- New 24″ Widescreen Monitor
- New wireless keyboard and mouse
- New Kogan 10.4″ Digital Photo Frame
- And re-located and re-set up Router / Modem (although I did not have to do much set up on this one), Set Top Box and Old TV.
Gadgets for Friends – Yet to be set up
- Nokia 6120 – a good all round phone
- Telstra wireless home phone / answering machine bundle
- Skype Out (not technically a gadget, but something I need to set up)
Gadgets for me
- 2nd Hand HTC Magic, Android phone – have had it for 3 weeks now and have not really even played with it yet (Having owned 4 phones in 2009, and tried at least another 3, I’m a bit over phones at the moment)
- New Canon Pixma MX860 Printer
- New Vodafone 3G Wireless
- New Laptop (coming in 2 weeks time)
- My current Eee PC (which had some issues so needed some TLC)
- I’m still getting used to the iPhone which I’ve had for about 3 months and I still haven’t really set up my PC correctly since Windows 7 was installed
- and the New Kindle!!!!!
So the moral to this story is, if I ever ever say again that I NEED a new gadget, or my life will not be complete unless I have the latest phone that comes out… please remind me to re-read this post.
However, having said that, I can’t wait for all the announcements to come out of CES in the next few weeks, and I’m sure the perfect phone device is just around the corner…
Ah, there is no hope for me…