I just wanted to use this post as a bit of a diary entry and a reminder to myself that things are good. These are the things that are good in my life right now.
- Feeling well and healthy – this is good, I’ve been working on this for a while and at the moment, I feel the best I have in absolute ages.
- Had a great week this week with going to PubCamp and GirlTUB (just a geek girls night out, but it was great)
- Enjoying my job – it’s very challenging and I’m getting a lot of satisfaction out of what I do, and I enjoy the people and there is a little bit of travel involved
- Getting excited about going to Europe – it’s only 15 weeks away now and time to start planning actually what to do when I get there… it’s getting close.
- Pretty much financially OK – can’t go crazy but the bills are being paid – but when I get back from Europe it may be a different story.
- Loving the friends I have at the moment – there are some amazingly fantastic people in the Sydney Geek community and I have had such a great time with these people lately. The last 8 months or so have completely changed my life.
- Loving all the geekiness – yep, again, loving twitter, despite it’s recent woes. And loving lots more geek stuff on the internet
- Possibly get to go to (and speak at) be2camp in London when I’m there – I’m really excited about this one, it will probably even get it’s own blog post http://be2camp.pbwiki.com/
- Finally a nice photo of me was posted on the internet – YAY! See http://www.flickr.com/photos/alegrya/tags/girltub/ (look I know this is quite vain and silly but there have been some shockers over the past few months, so this is a big deal).
A lot of the time I have not ever wanted to say when things are going well for fear of jinxing it and having it all come crashing down. But I’m going to go out on a limb here and say it’s OK to say things are going well, and nothing bad will happen. There, I said it!