Because I was going to Web Directions last week, I decided that I should give twitter a go as I had heard that it was a good tool for keeping up with happenings at conferences.
Well it was good for the first day then on the second day I was running out of battery on my phone so tried to turn off the notifications to the phone and ended up deleting the whole mobile service (I sent STOP rather than OFF), so the second day was a bit of a write off due to my technical blunder.
But then there was WebJam – and my twitter was back up and running and working well, which was good because the twitter feeds at WebJam were cool and really added to the evening.
So my thoughts on the first few days of using twitter:
- I still feel like twitter is for the cool kids only, and I’m definitely not one of those, so I feel like a bit of a fraud on it.
- I’m enjoying it today, being a quiet day looking up web things, I feel a bit more connected to the rest of the world getting the twitter feeds.
- I don’t have that many people following me yet, and I feel like a complete dork following someone who is not following me, but I suppose I just have to get over it.
- Love the direct message feature, I didn’t know you could do that.
- Love the simple interface
- Love all the little apps you can use for accessing twitter
- Really love terraminds to search on what’s been said
So if I keep using it for a while I think it will be positive, and hopefully a few more people will start following me… and maybe I can even go to one of the STUB functions as a real twitter user.