I am shocked about the ABC’s decision to Axe the Glass House programme – they got axed NOT for being Anti Government (just like the guy who got sacked from Telstra NOT for blogging critically about Telstra). What is this country coming to when the ABC can Axe a top rating show that is obviously loved by it’s Audience and say it was not anything to do with pressure from the government – what BULLSHIT!!!! There is no way little Johnny would be on the radio defending himself saying he didn’t have anything to do with it, unless of course he did – just like Children Overboard and the AWB scandals. All of you out there that voted for Liberal in the senate, you’ve created a monster. This is not a democracy it’s Johnny’s Autocracy – he can do whatever he likes and he thinks he can get away with it. So it’s up to us now to stop him… Can’t have anti government rhetoric on the ABC? well there is always Citizen media. We at least still have the freedom on Blogs and Podcasts to say what we think about this complete excuse for a government that is only interested in fighting with Iraq and picking on small soverign island nations! Next they will probably take Chaser off the air and then who knows what’s next…
And what about this No Bias crap that the ABC is pushing now. For no Bias read no Anti John Howard Government sentiment.
Well, as my blog heading says, I usually don’t have any opinions but this has got me fired up and at least I have a forum to express myself here. But here are a few excerpts from what other people have to say on some of the 8500 od posts on the Glass House’s guest book.
- Australia is not being lost through a coup – we just vote our liberties away and you are now actively helping us along as well
- Hey, you can attack a sovereign nation and kill thousands of innocents in a trumped up war, you can lock refugee children in detention centres, you can dismantle the working class means to fair pay and conditions, you can lie, cheat, and steal…
- It is a damn shame to slowly watch this country slip into a dictatorship regime…
- The only denial Little Johnny has made is that ‘he’ did not complain to the ABC, he did not say that none of his staff did not make this request on his behalf, or that he or his staff did not provide their ‘preference’ to one of their ABC board ‘plants’…
- One word about the axing – Unaustralian
- Humour is always the first to go. A society which allows itself to be mocked and ridiculed is a very healthy and happy society indeed. You are like the canaries used in a coal mine, when the toxic gasses start to saturate the air your the first to go.
- Now I know that it isn’t OUR ABC at all – it’s John Howard’s.
- Democratic society or DICTATORSHIP? Howard is really making a mess of our political values, and right to free speech
- The religious conservative zealot we call prime minister can not handle anything does not originate from a christian ideal. He is only interested in protecting his mates in big business at the expense of the envirnment. I hope people will remember his fundamental errors of judgeement is relation to the Iraqi war, immigration, sustainable energy, university unions, AWB, Petrol pricing collusion etc. Use your vote to change this regime.
I could go on and on – that was just from the first 5 pages – there are 100’s more pages.
I’ve also wrote a scathing comment on ABC’s comments page here. It’s not much, but at least I feel that I’ve done something to express how I feel.